If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been experimenting with this fantastic gluten free tart/pie crust and different ingredients. I use the same basic recipe, and change the veggies depending on what I have available at the time. I classified this as vegetable, rather than chicken, because you can easily leave the chicken out and make it a vegetarian (ovo-lacto) recipe. Plus, the veggies really dominate this dish. Please note that the crust recipe is not my own, but was taken from Recipe Zaar: http://www.recipezaar.com/Pastry-Recipe-for-Pie-Crust-Gluten-Free-214686, with only minor changes by me, to make it dairy-free. This is by far the best gluten free pie/tart crust recipe I have come across. —Zahirah
Serves 6 portions
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Xantham gum
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Ice water
- 1 bunch Broccoli
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Onion
- 6 Mushrooms
- 10 ounces Goat cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Grease pie dish or deep tart dish. Prepare crust (I had to increase the ingredients for this deeper tart dish), and chill while you get the filling ready, which I did in two parts.
- Saute onions, then add mushrooms, chicken, and broccoli. I added the broccoli last, on top, so it would just steam a little and not get overcooked.
- Beat eggs, and grate cheese.
- Roll out the pie crust in the dish (since there's no gluten involved, you may need to press it into the pan with your fingers), and add the broccoli mixture. Pour half of the beaten eggs on top of broccoli, then add half of the cheese.
- Saute the asparagus, then add to the mixture. At this point, the tart dish should be almost full.
- Add the rest of the cheese on top, then bake for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?