If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is so simple it's hardly a recipe at all. My favorite home alone meals fall in two categories: Warm, creamy and in a large bowl or something I can gnaw at messily and with abandon. This is the former. - Aliwaks
- 1 big handful of high quality dried spaghetti or bucatini
- 1 tablespoon or so lemon zest
- 2 big spoonfuls of mascarpone (or Creme fraiche if you are Merrill)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- maldon or fleur du sel salt
- Pecorino cheese grated
- chopped chives or Italian parsley or both
- Bring pot of well salted water to a roiling boil.
- Add pasta, cook until done (I find that usually happens when it comes back up to a boil).
- Reserve a couple of tablespoons of pasta water.
- Drain pasta & return to pot, add back in pasta water.
- Drop lemon zest, twirl it around a bit.
- Dollop in mascarpone or creme fraiche, swirl that about as well, till it melts and the water and cream absorb back in to the pasta.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper, pour in to large bowl shower with chopped chives or parsley, grated pecorino, a bit more cracked pepper and a few flakes of salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns