Author Notes: This is so simple it's hardly a recipe at all. My favorite home alone meals fall in two categories: Warm, creamy and in a large bowl or something I can gnaw at messily and with abandon. This is the former. - Aliwaks
- 1 big handful of high quality dried spaghetti or bucatini
- 1 tablespoon or so lemon zest
- 2 big spoonfuls of mascarpone (or Creme fraiche if you are Merrill)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- maldon or fleur du sel salt
- Pecorino cheese grated
- chopped chives or Italian parsley or both
- Bring pot of well salted water to a roiling boil.
- Add pasta, cook until done (I find that usually happens when it comes back up to a boil).
- Reserve a couple of tablespoons of pasta water.
- Drain pasta & return to pot, add back in pasta water.
- Drop lemon zest, twirl it around a bit.
- Dollop in mascarpone or creme fraiche, swirl that about as well, till it melts and the water and cream absorb back in to the pasta.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper, pour in to large bowl shower with chopped chives or parsley, grated pecorino, a bit more cracked pepper and a few flakes of salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner