Author Notes: I prefer broccolini over broccoli. I find it more tender, delicate and less pungent. Blanch for less than a minute for tender but crispy bright green stalks. - Seaweed Snacks
Makes 6 crostinis
- 8 ounces chevre room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 pieces sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons excellent quality olive oil
- Mix chevre, tarragon, onion, chives, salt together in a bowl with a fork. Making a day ahead intensifies flavors. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, blanch broccolini for 1 minute. Remove and run under cold water. Coarsely chop and put in bowl. Top with pinch salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Lightly toast 6 pieces of sourdough, and smear chevre spread on. Top with broccolini making sure to include a small drizzle of olive oil too.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish