Author Notes: You will want to have PLENTY of good crusty bread on hand to sop up every last drop of this amazing sauce! - NY Momma & Foodie
- 5 pounds mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3-4 limes, squeezed to make approx.1/3 cup juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 2 additional limes, quartered
- LOTS of crusty bread!
- Combine all sauce ingredients (red curry paste through coconut milk) in a large stock pot and stir well, making sure sugar and curry paste are nicely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add mussels. Cover and cook, stirring every now and then, until mussels open - 6 - 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard any unopened mussels. Add in the cilantro and toss to combine.
- Dump into a nice big serving dish and serve with crusty bread and lime wedges. I think it's fun and communal to set out a big basket of crusty bread and just let your guests all hover over the serving dish, dunking bread and picking out mussels!
- NOTE: The sauce is phenomenal - you won't want to miss a drop; you could also pour over steamed brown or white rice for a bright, hearty and satisfying dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal