If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You will want to have PLENTY of good crusty bread on hand to sop up every last drop of this amazing sauce! - NY Momma & Foodie
- 5 pounds mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3-4 limes, squeezed to make approx.1/3 cup juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 2 additional limes, quartered
- LOTS of crusty bread!
- Combine all sauce ingredients (red curry paste through coconut milk) in a large stock pot and stir well, making sure sugar and curry paste are nicely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add mussels. Cover and cook, stirring every now and then, until mussels open - 6 - 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard any unopened mussels. Add in the cilantro and toss to combine.
- Dump into a nice big serving dish and serve with crusty bread and lime wedges. I think it's fun and communal to set out a big basket of crusty bread and just let your guests all hover over the serving dish, dunking bread and picking out mussels!
- NOTE: The sauce is phenomenal - you won't want to miss a drop; you could also pour over steamed brown or white rice for a bright, hearty and satisfying dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
Baking Projects for Mother's Day
10 ways to show and share your love.
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Heavenly DIY lavender sachets.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.