If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on), about 2 pounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled ginger
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Torn mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Brown chicken in hot oil, skin-side down, about 7 minutes. (Reserve skillet and fat in pan.)
- While chicken browns, finely chop shallot, garlic and ginger. Thinly slice sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Raise heat on reserved skillet to medium-high. Add chopped shallot, garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add honey and tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and add chicken to pan, covered with sweet potato slices and chickpeas. Cover and simmer chicken until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Before serving, stir in orange juice and scatter mint over servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.