If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 14 ounce can of Muir Glen tomatoes
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Prepare Tomatoes: Process tomatoes and onions in food processor until smooth and thoroughly pureed, about 15 seconds, scraping sides of bowl if needed. Transfer mixture to liquid measuring cup. There should be 2 cups. If more, pour some out until it equals 2 cups.
- Prepare Jalapenos: Remove seeds and ribs from jalapeno peppers and discard insides. Mince peppers and set aside.
- Prepare Quinoa: Place quinoa in fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water, about 1-2 minutes. Shake briskly to remove excess water. (If you don’t rinse, quinoa will be very bitter).
- Make Fried Rice: Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven with tight fitting lid, over medium-high heat, 1 minute. Add quinoa and fry, stirring constantly, until golden and translucent, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and seeded jalapenos. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in pureed tomatoes and onions, chicken broth, tomato paste, chipotle pepper and adobo and kosher salt. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, cover with a clean towel and lid and let stand covered until ready to serve. (The towel absorbs the excess water).
- Serve: Right before ready to serve, add cilantro, lime juice and zest. Fluff quinoa with wet fork or rice paddle.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.