If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In 2004 my husband and I spent several days at a lovely farmhouse called Auchnahyle in Pitlochry (Perthshire), Scotland which we had found through the Wolsey Lodges organization (www.wolseylodges.com). The owners, Penny and Alistair Howman, were wonderful hosts and superb cooks. Penny prepared this dish, which she called Courgette Moulds with Basil Vinaigrette, to accompany an incredibly delicious steak dinner. Penny very graciously gave me the recipe. —Leslie_
The zucchini molds
- 1 pound small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces white breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- Wash the zucchini and peel one of them into long strips. Grate the remaining zucchinis and place in a colander with the zucchini strips.
- Soften the zucchini by pouring boiling water over them in the colander.
- Generously oil 4-6 timbale molds or oven proof custard cups. Line them with the strips of zucchini.
- Finely chop the onion and cook slowly in oil until it begins to soften.
- Add the grated zucchini and cook until tender. Let cool and then add the chopped basil leaves.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese in a food processor and then process with the eggs, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese and the zucchini/onion mixture with all the juices from the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the timbale molds or custard cups and place in a roasting pan filled to a depth of 1 inch with boiling water. Cook 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, unmold and serve with the warm basil vinaigrette.
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Wisk all ingredients together. The vinaigrette is now ready to serve with the timbales.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Zucchini or Summer Squash Recipe
A fish that's a wrap star
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Grilled cheese, please.
Put cake on a pedestal.