If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The winter radishes that are available are beautiful, and combining them in a slaw using broccoli stalks is a great way to serve up a healthy salad that is lovely to look at. You can use any type of radish, but I love the colors of watermelon and purple radishes. After making a stir fry or other recipe that calls for broccoli flowerets only, save the broccoli stalks for a great slaw. - Bevi
- 2 large broccoli stalks, peeled
- 1 medium to large watermelon radish
- 1 medium purple radish
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup shelled and salted pistachios, chopped coarsely
- juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon
- twice as much olive oil as Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 3 grindings of fresh black pepper
- Pass the broccoli stalks and the radishes through the shredding blade of a food processor. Place the shredded vegetables in a medium sized serving bowl.
- Add the dried cherries and the pistachios.
- Make the salad dressing. Squeeze the Meyer lemon juice in a glass, and then pour olive oil into the glass, eyeballing so you add about twice the amount of the lemon juice. Add the agave nectar, and then the grindings of black pepper. Stir until the dressing is emulsified. Add to the radish and broccoli salad and toss.
- NB: You can use dried cranberries, raisins, or currants instead of dried cherries, and any chopped nut in lieu of pistachios. If the nuts are not salted, add a bit of salt to the dressing.