If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not your average chili, this version is filled with spicy shredded chicken, black beans, tomatoes and a nice smoky hit of chipotle pepper. Serve with a creamy topping of avocados and greek yogurt, some bright cilantro, and a splash of hot sauce, and you just might find yourself in chili nirvana on a cold winter's day. - Sarah Woolworth
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken breasts
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chile powder
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Water
- 15 ounces Canned black beans
- 14.5 ounces Canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (such as Muir Glen)
- 6 ounces Canned tomato paste
- chopped avocado, cilantro, greek yogurt or sour cream, and hot sauce for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in a large pot or dutch oven. Add the garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, chipotle, salt, oregano, cayenne, and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and shred, using 2 forks. Return shredded chicken to liquid in pot and continue to simmer, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and tomato paste, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes, until chili thickens slightly. Ladle into bowls and serve topped with cilantro, avocado, greek yogurt or sour cream, and a dash of hot sauce if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
Break the Code
Colors are key to kitchen glory.
Color code your kitchen.
Recipe of the Day
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.