If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was Golden Globes Night, and I wanted to make a quick dish so I could clean up quick and enjoy the show... with only a few random ingredients on hand, including some organic baby kale and a can of coconut milk, I made up this recipe on the fly. My husband said it deserved a Golden Globe ! Feel free to use any veggies and add more kale (great way to sneak in some kale) —LazizaBites
- 2 pounds chicken breast, washed and cubed
- 6 tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 -3 bunches organic baby kale
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 handful cashews
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, and add 4 tablespoons ponzu sauce, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, curry powder, and salt. Mix well, and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large wok over medium high heat, then add the chicken to the wok. Turn the heat up to high, and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through, but not completely cooked all the way. Transfer the chicken to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Heat the 3 remaining tablespoons vegetable oil in the same wok, again over medium high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the red pepper and shallots, and stir fry until soft. Add in the kale, and stir fry until wilted. Add the cashews, stir for a minute, and then add 2 tablespoons of the ponzu sauce.
- Lower the heat to medium, and add the chicken back into the wok. Mix to incorporate with veggies. Add the coconut milk, cook for a few minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with black sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or noodles, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.