If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: THESE BROWNIES HAVE KALE AND ZUCCHINI IN THEM.
I’m leading with the big reveal. No concealment or subterfuge.
‘Cause there’s no disguising that these brownies are dense and fudgy and chocolately, all of the components that make any type of brownie freaking delicious.
They have kale and zucchini, and I’m enraptured.
My one regret? I debated tossing in another full cup of shredded kale in the batter, but chickened out at the last minute. When I make these again (which, let’s face it, will likely be in the near future), that extra cup is joining the party. - Sondi
Makes 12 to 16
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour (try 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup arrowroot flour)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, lightly packed
- 1 cup finely shredded kale, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degress F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in the coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla, and stir until everything is well mixed.
- Fold in the kale and zucchini.
- Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking pan with coconut oil, then pour in the batter and smooth it out evenly.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, depending on how fudgy you like your brownies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.