If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a variation of a friends' chili recipe. It's very complex, with chocolate, dark beer and ancho peppers. —Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 28-32 ounces chicken stock
- 28 ounces Tomato Sauce (El Pato if available)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 larged red onion diced
- 8 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened chocolate (1.5 1oz cubes)
- 1 Dark beer (your choice, no budweiser!)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon adobo
- Fresh Ancho Chili Paste (part of a can, no liquid, the more the spicier)
- 2 cans drained beans (kidney, black)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound Turkey Sausage (removed from casing)
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, simmer 2 minutes
- Add onions and cook until translucent
- Add tomato sauce, stock, onion, brown sugar, 6 Tbl of chili powder, 2 Tbl chocolate, cumin, ancho chilis, beer and adobo
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium/low and let simmer uncovered for one hour.
- Near the end of the hour, brown the beef and sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- After broth has simmered, add drained beans, meat, 2 tbl of chili powder and 1 tbl chocolate. Let simmer on very low for 2 hours.
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).