Author Notes: A protein & vitamin packed salad, perfect for starting the New Year! - The Fresh Cottage
To Your Health Salad
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale, Chopped
- 1 cup Quinoa, Cooked
- 1 cup Lentils, Orange or Green, Cooked
- 15 ounces Black Beans, Canned, Rinsed & Drained
- 1 cup Dried Golden Raisins
- 1 cup Dried Prunes, Chopped
- 1 cup Walnuts, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Unsalted, Shelled Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Fresh Mango, Diced
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Add prepared dressing.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
To Your Health Dressing
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (approx. 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup Good Quality Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 3 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos (Vegan/Gluten Free) or Soy Sauce
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger, Peeled & Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or Vitamix.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, or until ginger has liquified.
- Drizzle over To Your Health Salad Ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens