Author Notes: I am always trying to revamp recipes with a healthy modern day twist. This take on Greek Chicken eliminates the starchy white potatoes and replaces them with sweet potatoes, while adding kale for the delicious taste and obvious health benefits. The dish turned out delicious and absolutely gorgeous! Not only did my family and friends love it but it only takes 15 minutes to prepare! You can't go wrong with this dish. Enjoy. - Karyn Boraiko
Serves four people
- 6 to 8 Chicken pieces with bone and skin on. Thighs and breasts are best.
- 2 Large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks.
- 3 Lemons cut into quarters.
- 3 Large handfuls of washed and roughly chopped kale.
- 6 Large crushed garlic cloves.
- 2 tablespoons Dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Water
- This is so easy folks! Start by pre heating your oven to 375 degrees. Make sure to choose a baking dish large enough to place the ingredients without them overlapping so the chicken gets nice and crispy.
- Place the chicken in baking dish skin side up. Next place the sweet potatoes, kale, and crushed garlic around the chicken.
- Squeeze the lemons all over the chicken and potatoes and than toss them in the baking dish with everything. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken lightly coating the chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and oregano being sure the chicken is generously coated. Lastly add the water being careful not to let the seasoning come off the chicken.
- Pop baking dish in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours. While this is baking you will want to baste the chicken and potatoes a few times in the last 45 minutes of cooking to ensure crisp chicken and flavorful potatoes. Yum!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens