If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have adapted this slightly from Nava Atlas's book, "Wild about greens" ...where I first learned about massaging kale. Such a simple, quick recipe but everyone loves it. If you have her cookbook, her's is on pg 146. I also make more dressing than I need and use it for other salads because I don't like to keep making fresh dressing everyday and I love this one. - loubaby
Serves 6 servings
- 3/4 pound kale, Dinosaur or Curly, de-ribbed, torn
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or yellow raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped raw cashews or almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (honey in a pinch)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place prepared kale in salad bowl. Place Rub 1 Tablespoon olive oil on your hands and immediately start to massage your kale leaves until all are glistening. They will soften in about a minute or less. Toss and mix in your cranberries (other dried fruits are fine) and nuts.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, agave nectar and salt and pepper; drizzle to taste the amount of dressing you like and serve. While I do serve this immediately, I have been known to hold any leftovers dressed overnight and it still eats well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.