If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh kale gets a generous dusting of buttery golden breadcrumbs in this oops-I-just-ate-the-entire-bowl salad. Any kind of breadcrumbs will work here - I've tried panko, flourless bread and an old country loaf I had stashed in the freezer - all were delicious after toasting them in nutty brown butter of course. The dressing is easy and fresh - just olive oil and lemon juice. Parmesan and garlic seal the deal. I made this salad for my family at Thanksgiving and then again at Christmas. It was the most gobbled up green on the table. - Grace
Serves 6 as a side
- 10 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Wash and dry the kale. I like to really dry / massage my kale by squeezing the leaves in a kitchen towel very well then finely chop.
- In a pan, brown 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. This may take a few minutes, just be patient – but also be sure not to burn it! Toss in the breadcrumbs and let those get toasty, fragrant and light brown.
- Place all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid and shake it up.
- Pour over salad and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens