If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cups or muffins make a good side or can be a dish on their own with a raw salad as a side, and a warm cup of soup. - bonheurcuisine
Makes 12 cups or muffins
- 8 to 10 cups kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso, preferably white (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F. Grease a 12 medium- sized muffin tray
- Finely chop kale in a food processor in two times. In a large bowl combine rice, ricotta, grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, shallot, garlic, miso, thyme, lemon zest, nutmeg and chili flakes.
- Add kale to the bowl and mix well until all the ricotta has blended in with the kale. Pour the mixture in the prepared 12 medium-sized muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and toast sesame seeds until golden, about 3 minutes. Serve kale cups with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Cook like an Egyptian
There's no de-Nile-ing this one-pot wonder.
Cook like an Egyptian.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We loaf this lunch.
Caesar salad goes vegan.
This is poppin'.