Author Notes: These cups or muffins make a good side or can be a dish on their own with a raw salad as a side, and a warm cup of soup. - bonheurcuisine
Makes 12 cups or muffins
- 8 to 10 cups kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso, preferably white (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F. Grease a 12 medium- sized muffin tray
- Finely chop kale in a food processor in two times. In a large bowl combine rice, ricotta, grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, shallot, garlic, miso, thyme, lemon zest, nutmeg and chili flakes.
- Add kale to the bowl and mix well until all the ricotta has blended in with the kale. Pour the mixture in the prepared 12 medium-sized muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and toast sesame seeds until golden, about 3 minutes. Serve kale cups with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens