Author Notes: A 10-minute side dish packed with vitamins and antioxidants. - foxeslovelemons
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Hungarian pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove stems from chard; cut stems crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Cut chard leaves crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Keep stems and leaves separate.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, Hungarian pepper, almonds and chard stems. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add raisins, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and chard leaves. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until leaves are just wilted, stirring frequently.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens