If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe uses two different leafy greens with two different methods of prep. The Lacinato Kale is massaged with lemon juice and spices to break it down, and the Collard Greens are given a quick blanch, both of which retain a high amount of the health-supportive nutrients in leafy greens. The quinoa adds an extra boost of superfood goodness and packs the wraps with complete proteins. - Andrew
Serves 4 - 6
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, diced
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins or Golden Raisins
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 Key Lime or Lemon, zested only
- 1/2 Key Lime or Lemon, juice only
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 bunch Collard Greens, stems trimmed
- 1 handful Sprouts, for garnish
- Fill a small pot with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the quinoa and turn down to a simmer. Cook quinoa for 15-20 minutes, until no water remains. Allow quinoa to cool.
- Toss the cooked quinoa together with all the other ingredients except for the collard greens and sprouts. Firmly massage the salad to mix the ingredients and break down the kale.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Submerge the collard leaves 3-4 at a time for 30-45 seconds to blanch them. Remove when they become bright green and begin to wilt, and place them in a strainer to drain.
- Lay the collard greens flat and fill them with the salad. Fold over the ends and roll the collards. Refrigerate to store.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.