If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've adapted this recipe from my raw zucchini pesto pasta which is currently on my website Nourish & Inspire Me (www.nourishandinspireme.com. I've added some Winter Greens like Kale and Spinach for this contest and it's taken the dish to another level! So thank you! This recipe is a raw living food dish full of enzymes and healthy plant nutrients, it's also dairy and gluten-free. You could use any pasta with the sauce in this recipe, however I've chosen to use raw zucchini as my pasta, which i highly recommend trying if you haven't! i've also used powdered garlic as i find fresh garlic can be quite strong and over powering in raw food dishes. You could also use roasted garlic as that softens the flavour of garlic quite well and makes it yummy and sweet! I hope you enjoy it! - Arie-Elle
Kale, Spinach & Basil Pesto
- 3 large Curly kale leaves
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2.5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Tightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Tightly packed spinach leaves
- 2.5 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2.5 teaspoons Coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- Wash Kale in clean water. De-stem kale and roughly chop.
- Place in a bowl with 2 tblsp olive oil, 2 tblsp lemon juice, 2 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar and ½ tsp of sea salt
- With clean hands massage the vinigarette into the kale for a few minutes. Rubbing it between your hands/fingers. This will help to break down the kale a little.
- Wash and Roughly chop up spinach and basil.
- To your blender or food processor add the kale (and vinaigrette), spinach, basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ tablespoon lemon, ½ tsp sea salt, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, coconut sugar. Blend until smooth and transfer to a bowl
- Separately process ¾ cup of walnuts until crumbly and then stir into pesto. Set aside while we make the creamy avocado sauce.
Creamy Avocado Sauce & Zucchini Pasta
- 2 Avocados
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 Zucchini's
- Add avocado, cashews, water, lemon, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt to blender and blend until smooth
- If it's a little thick add 1 more tablespoon of water, blend and adjust with a pinch of sea salt to taste. Set aside while we make the zucchini pasta.
- To make zucchini pasta: If you have a vegetable spiralizer, fanatasic, use it! If not, don't worry I use a vegetable peeler. Use 1 Zucchini per person/plate
- First: I chop a little off both ends of the zucchini Then: cut the zucchini long ways into 4 long pieces
- Place each quarter on one of the flat sides of the zucchini on your cutting board and using a vegetable peeler, peel long, even strips of zucchini from top to bottom. You may be left with a thicker strip that you can't peel , discard this piece or keep it and use it any other meels. Zucchini makes great fries!
- To Serve up: Add 2 tablespoon of the avocado cream to each plate of zucchini pasta and mix well with tongs until the cream coats all the zucchini
- On top of the creamy pasta add 2 tablespoons of the pesto (there may be some left over kale pesto which you can keep in the fridge for a week) Top with pine nuts and garnish with basil Serve and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Dad, You Rule
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Bold and brewtiful coffee.