If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an incredibly simple recipe that tastes like it took a lot more effort. The mascarpone cheese mixed with the pesto makes a quick creamy sauce with no fuss at all. Warm, cheesy, but with a decent helping of veggies, it is the perfect meal for a cozy night on your own with a good book or a favorite movie. You could add any other veggies that you are in the mood for or expand the recipe to feed a larger group. - skyemarin
- 1 cup gnocchi
- 1 handful french green beans, chopped into large pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto, store bought or home made
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone
- 1 handful parmesan, shredded
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Add handful of green beans to pot of boiling water. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Remove green beans from pot with slotted pasta spoon and drain in colander. (This allows you to cook the gnocchi in the same pot of water. If you would rather cook them in fresh boiling water, do so.) Put green beans aside.
- Add 1 cup of gnocchi to boiling water. Cook per directions on package. When done, drain into colander.
- While gnocchi are still hot, toss in a medium sized pasta bowl with pesto and mascarpone. Cover evenly and well. Adjust amounts as needed for the type of sauce you want.
- Add green beans to the gnocchi and pesto sauce and toss.
- Top with fresh ground black pepper and shredded parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner