Author Notes: This fun recipe was the very first recipe that I created when I wanted to "try" kale. I had read so much about how it was a Superfood and it was so healthy for me, but I didn't know how to "give it a go". I started with my favorite spices and added in some carrots and when I introduced my palate to Kale for the first time, I was super happy with this super food! - Kristin
- 4 carrots
- 2 pounds kale (mixed types)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Shred four carrots.
- Shred two pounds of Kale.
- Add coconut oil to pan and turn on med low to warm/liquefy oil.
- Once oil is liquefied, add in salt, garlic and cumin and stir for 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens