Author Notes: This dish warms up the house with yummy smells. For a leaner version, remove the chicken skin. I like to leave it on for more flavor. - nannydeb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 split chicken breast, fat removed
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a glass casserole dish, toss butternut squash, potatoes and leeks with olive oil mixture.
- Place chicken breast on top of the vegetables and spoon a bit of the olive oil mixture over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner