If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lunch time is home alone time for me. That’s when I can let loose with different flavors and aromas that my family wouldn’t, um, appreciate for dinner. Like stinky fish. Which I love. This dish came about one day when I was searching for what to have for lunch and nothing in the fridge was inspiring. So I opened the cupboard, grabbed a can of tuna and a can of anchovies, and thought “Yes, tuna salad!” Saw the jar of chutney and grabbed that, too. Added a little mayo to bind it all together. Delicious. I used leftover pieces of bruschetta, but you could toast up an English muffin, which would be real nice. Also good on Triscuits, which are slightly addicting, so be careful. I’ve since made this dish using some diced onion, diced tomato and fancy Italian oil-packed tuna, but much prefer it plainer and with the water-packed cheaper stuff. Go figure. This would make a great quick appetizer for when you invite your stinky-fish-loving friends over for dinner. - mrslarkin
Serves 1 or 2
- 1 5 ounce can water-packed chunk-light or solid dolphin-safe tuna, drained well
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 small plum (roma) tomato, finely diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chutney (I use Bombay Emerald Chutney Company's Pomegranate Chutney, and plain ol' Major Grey's works, too)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 - 4 anchovy fillets, smashed with the back of a spoon
- 5 pieces garlic-rubbed bruschetta, or a pile of Triscuits, or two toasted English muffins
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Place tuna in mixing bowl. Break up any large pieces with a fork. If desired, mix in tomato and onion.
- Combine mayo, anchovies and chutney and add to tuna mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon on top of bruschetta. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Behind the scenes.