If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Curry spices, and fresh mustard greens give this vegan quiche a delicious twist. —Two Vegan Boys
- 1 1 package silken tofu (the vacuum packed kind)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 head mustard greens, leaves only, stems removed
- 2T or more olive oil for sauteing
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed, or 1 1/2c cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 vegan pie crust, or vegan & gluten free pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Transfer to a food processor with all other ingredients except the pie crust; purée in food processor until relatively smooth (you can leave a few chunks).
- Pour into pie crust, smoothing over the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 F, until top is firm and crust is golden.
- Serve with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Unpredictable, Hard to Find & Worth the Fuss
These chiles just might Hatch an idea
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
Our favorite food reads.
We've got the summer blues.
Our haikus about gin.
A better basket.