If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is fairly simple to make, but has complex and bold flavors. I came across the Royal Trumpet mushrooms while working at a Spanish tapas restaurant and couldn't wait to incorporate them in one of my recipes. The meatiness and texture is a really great contrast to the broccolini, while the pancetta's saltiness and the reduction's sweetness make for a delicious combination of flavors. - Mariya
- 2 cups sherry vinegar
- 2 cups broccolini-with trimmed ends
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3/4 pound pancetta-small dice
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion (~4oz)-small dice
- 2 cups Royal Trumpet mushrooms-with trimmed ends; sliced 1/4 in thick, on a bias
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Pour sherry vinegar into a sauce pan and very slowly reduce, until it decreases to 1/2 cup (approximately 25 min).
- Blanch broccolini; reserve.
- Heat 1 oz olive oil in a non-stick skillet and cook pancetta; remove and reserve.
- Drain excess oil and add onions to the pan; sweat until tender.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until almost tender.
- Add blanched broccolini to the pan and saute vegetables for ~3-4 minutes, until cooked through; season.
- Take the pan off the heat, add cooked pancetta, 1 oz olive oil, and lightly coat the mixture with the vinegar reduction (add this slowly, as you may not need to use all of the vinegar). Optional: serve with long grain rice, a hearty multi-grain bread, or orzo.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
Follow Food52 on social media!
Connect with us.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Soffritto's a superstar.
This is poppin'.