If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a veganized and punch in your face version of Martha Stewart's Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies. because vegans/lactards need lurve too. - Lan | MoreStomach
Makes 26 cookies
- 7 ounces best quality chocolate, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (1 stick), i used Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cup plus 1 TBL AP flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, to roll dough in
- 1/8 cup sweet ground chocolate, to roll dough in
- chop chocolate into chunks, set aside. (alternatively, you can use chips too, i won’t judge) dissolve baking soda in 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water; set aside
- using a mixer with paddle attachment, cream vegan butter and brown sugar until combined. add the fresh ginger and mix. in a bowl, sift all the remaining dry ingredients, in increments add to butter mixture, mix until combined
- next, add the slow ass molasses and baking soda mixture. mix in the chocolate. transfer to fridge. ignore it for a few hours, i ignored it for about 24 hours. it happens
- when ready, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- mix the granulated sugar and sweet ground chocolate on a plate. using an ice cream scoop, or whatever, scoop out dough and roll into balls, then roll around in the sugar + chocolate mixture. transfer balls onto lined baking sheets, fridge for 20 minutes. (martha reversed that step, good for her. i wanted to get that step over with, go from fridge to oven…) bake for 15-18 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack until cool completely. BAM.