If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the way I like broccoli the most. In a simple but elegant quiche with good cheese and probably a side of green salad. Good for light supper, lunch or brunch and feel free to use other cheeses that you have on hand. —Cordelia
Serves about 4-6
- 2.5-3 cups of broccoli florets cut to small-medium chunks
- 4 oz of soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan + a bit more for the top
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1.25 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
- Cut the cold butter to small pieces. Put the butter and the flour in the food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until it looks like soft sand. Add salt and egg and mix until just starting to form a ball. If the dough a bit too dry add a tablespoon of cold water. Take out the dough and form a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oven to 360 F. Boil a pot with some water. Add salt and the broccoli florets. Cook them for 5 minutes and transfer the broccoli to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- In a bowl crumble the goat cheese. Add the eggs, heavy cream, thyme, parmesan, salt, pepper and mix well. Add the broccoli.
- Spread the chilled dough in a 9.5" quiche\tart pan. Pour in the filling mixture. Grate a little more parmesan on top and sprinkle the almonds. Bake for 45 minutes until light golden brown on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish