Author Notes: This is the way I like broccoli the most. In a simple but elegant quiche with good cheese and probably a side of green salad. Good for light supper, lunch or brunch and feel free to use other cheeses that you have on hand. - Cordelia
Serves about 4-6
- 2.5-3 cups of broccoli florets cut to small-medium chunks
- 4 oz of soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan + a bit more for the top
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1.25 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
- Cut the cold butter to small pieces. Put the butter and the flour in the food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until it looks like soft sand. Add salt and egg and mix until just starting to form a ball. If the dough a bit too dry add a tablespoon of cold water. Take out the dough and form a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oven to 360 F. Boil a pot with some water. Add salt and the broccoli florets. Cook them for 5 minutes and transfer the broccoli to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- In a bowl crumble the goat cheese. Add the eggs, heavy cream, thyme, parmesan, salt, pepper and mix well. Add the broccoli.
- Spread the chilled dough in a 9.5" quiche\tart pan. Pour in the filling mixture. Grate a little more parmesan on top and sprinkle the almonds. Bake for 45 minutes until light golden brown on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish