If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If the word soufflé has you quaking in your boots, rest easy. With a few pointers, even the most nervous cook can pull off this decadent dessert. At is very simplest, chocolate soufflé is made from a base of melted chocolate and egg yolks, lightened with meringue and baked until tall and impressive. —Yossy Arefi
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus extra to line the ramekins
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee or espresso granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- Soft butter to grease ramekins
- Chocolate sauce and whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- Generously butter six 8-ounce ramekins and sprinkle them with sugar. Place the dishes on a baking sheet.
- Chop the chocolate and melt it in a double boiler set over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and whisk in the egg yolks, instant coffee, vanilla, and salt.
- While the chocolate is melting, whip the egg whites in a stand mixer until foamy. With the mixer running, slowly stream in the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Stir one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it up. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites (a few streaks are okay) and neatly divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins. If any soufflé batter gets on the rims of the dishes, wipe it away with your finger.
- Bake until the tops are set and beginning to brown, but the centers jiggle slightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Resist the urge to open the oven and peek to see if your soufflés are rising, the quick change in temperature can cause your soufflés to fall. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.