If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nice throw-together meatball that is insanely delicious. No exact recipe folks- I was just having fun and tossing it all in! - olive
Serves 2 hungry folks
- 1 pound dark ground turkey meat (or lamb)
- few handfuls panko breadcrumbs
- few splashes Worcestershire
- 1 cup or so of parsley pistou (extra virgin olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest-blitzed)
- few handfuls of interesting red peppers and chilies, see below for example
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ground tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Mix together all ingredients listed above- for the spices, I used Aleppo pepper, Maras red pepper, and Berbere pepper (all bought at the Spanish Table) but feel free to mix it up with whatever you have on hand. I wanted a distinctly middle-eastern style/flavored meatball so that's what I went for.
- Sear rolled meatballs on all sides until nice and browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add liquids and tomatoes to pan and scrape up fond from bottom. Let reduce a bit adding a few more shakes of those exotic spices and then add meatballs back in. Lid on. Cook until cooked through and sauce is somewhat reduced and thickened.
- Serve with charred flatbread, jazzed up herbed-garlicky yogurt, and fresh cilantro.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.