Author Notes: As a bachelorette most nights are meals for one ... this recipe makes me feel like i'm eating out ... but i'm still at home :D The sauce and filling vary with what i have on hand ... but its super simple and exotic at the same time! You can get the rice noodles at any asian store ... i think trader joes caries them too :D The seitan can be replaced with beefless strips from trader joes or your favorite seafood/meat. - amreen
- 1 bundle rice of rice noodles
- 1/2 packet seitan
- 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon siracha ... rooster sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon plum sauce
- Dice the seitan. Heat chili oil in saute pan. Add the juice of the lime and half of the cilantro. Saute for a few minutes.
- Boil water in a soup pot. Add the noodles and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the noodles are boiling make the sauce by combining all the liquid ingredients.
- Remove the noodles from the hot water and wash them with cool water to stop the cooking.
- Place the noodles in a bowl. Top them with the seitan mixture, diced red bell pepper and remaining cilantro. Pour the sauce over the bowl and dig in! A glass of sake or Tsingtao makes the meal complete!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner