If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a bachelorette most nights are meals for one ... this recipe makes me feel like i'm eating out ... but i'm still at home :D The sauce and filling vary with what i have on hand ... but its super simple and exotic at the same time! You can get the rice noodles at any asian store ... i think trader joes caries them too :D The seitan can be replaced with beefless strips from trader joes or your favorite seafood/meat. - amreen
- 1 bundle rice of rice noodles
- 1/2 packet seitan
- 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon siracha ... rooster sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon plum sauce
- Dice the seitan. Heat chili oil in saute pan. Add the juice of the lime and half of the cilantro. Saute for a few minutes.
- Boil water in a soup pot. Add the noodles and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the noodles are boiling make the sauce by combining all the liquid ingredients.
- Remove the noodles from the hot water and wash them with cool water to stop the cooking.
- Place the noodles in a bowl. Top them with the seitan mixture, diced red bell pepper and remaining cilantro. Pour the sauce over the bowl and dig in! A glass of sake or Tsingtao makes the meal complete!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.