If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love summer. I love heat and sunshine and gardening and swimming and reading outside and grilling and ... everything about it. In the summer I have TONS of basil growing and I freeze TONS of types of pesto so now, in these cold dank dark depressing (yuck blah you get the idea) days of winter, I can pull out some pesto for dinner and have a little moment of summertime ... —aargersi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot - peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 8 medium shrimp - peeled and cleaned
- 2 ounces thin spaghetti
- a handful of grape tomatoes - halved
- 2 tablespoons pesto (I used a lemon basil one but really any sort of basil pesto works)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- a few kalamata olives - halved
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 lemon cut in 2 wedges
- toasted pine nuts
- Cook the spaghetti according to the al dente directions on the package
- In a large skillet - heat the olive oil to medium and saute the shallot for a few minutes until it just starts to brown. Throw a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper in while you are doing this.
- Add the tomatoes and saute 2-3 more minutes until they are just soft.
- Add the shrimp and saute until they are pink on both sides but not yet cooked through.
- Add the olives and capers, then the spaghetti. Toss all of it with the pesto and a splash of wine, the shrimp will finish cooking during this process.
- Toss in the feta and onions and put the whole thing on your plate, sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top and squeeze one lemon wedge over it and serve with the other one for extra lemon kick if needed! ** I used Meyer lemons and they were wonderful with this! **
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.