If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nobody knew the secret ingredient in this chili was apple cider until I mentioned it, but I think the cider, along with the fall herbs, added a unique depth of flavor to a basic chicken chili. - foxeslovelemons
Makes about 14 cups
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Meat from 2 roasted or rotisserie chickens
- 55 ounces Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped apples, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add celery, garlic, bay leaves and onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add cornstarch, sage and thyme; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, beans, chicken stock, cider, chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. Bring to a simmer; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Serve chili garnished with chopped apples, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!