If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a bachelor dinner, it's either this or whole-wheat pasta with broccoli rabe and anchovies. Anyway, what's not to like about oysters and beer. What else can I say? —pas
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- Some splashes beer
- 1 pinch salted chervil
- Whisk just enough beer to make the flour into a smooth paste.
- Use immediately.
- 24 big-bellied oysters
- 1 quart safflower oil
- 1 beer batter
- Some mayonaise
- Reserved shots of oyster juice
- Shuck the oysters and heat the oil until it's almost smoking.
- Batter each oyster and fry.
- Flip oysters once and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with a mayonnaise, oyster juice, Sriracha sauce. Or if you're feeling fancy, nuoc cham or gribiche sauce.
- More beer is always good at this point.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Our Latest #f52contest
Show us your back-pocket baked goods
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
Have a ball (jar).