If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love greens and I often cook broccoli rabe in different ways (even pureed, which is delicious). This is a recipe that combines the bitter greens with sweet mango and crunchy cashews with a hint of ginger and garlic. —Lena S.
Serves 3-4 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 medium size red onion (diced)
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 Fresh ripe Ataulfo Mango diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 handful cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash and cut thicker stems off broccoli rabe
- Heat oil and garlic in a large frying pan on medium high heat. When garlic is fragrant add in onions and saute for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add in fresh ginger, ground coriander, cumin and salt. Saute for a few minutes to incorporate spices reducing to medium heat.
- Add in broccoli rabe stirring a few seconds, then add in 1/4 cup of water and cover. Cook on medium heat until the broccoli rabe is tender and wilted (3-4 minutes).
- Uncover the pan and keep on the heat a few minutes to evaporate any remiaining liquid. Remove from heat and stir in the mango and cashews. Let sit a few minutes and then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.