Author Notes: I love greens and I often cook broccoli rabe in different ways (even pureed, which is delicious). This is a recipe that combines the bitter greens with sweet mango and crunchy cashews with a hint of ginger and garlic. - Lena S.
Serves 3-4 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 medium size red onion (diced)
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 Fresh ripe Ataulfo Mango diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 handful cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash and cut thicker stems off broccoli rabe
- Heat oil and garlic in a large frying pan on medium high heat. When garlic is fragrant add in onions and saute for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add in fresh ginger, ground coriander, cumin and salt. Saute for a few minutes to incorporate spices reducing to medium heat.
- Add in broccoli rabe stirring a few seconds, then add in 1/4 cup of water and cover. Cook on medium heat until the broccoli rabe is tender and wilted (3-4 minutes).
- Uncover the pan and keep on the heat a few minutes to evaporate any remiaining liquid. Remove from heat and stir in the mango and cashews. Let sit a few minutes and then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish