If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created the baby carrot soup recipe last summer, as I was staring at a giant bag of leftover baby carrots and a few pieces of ginger in my fridge -- and wanted something light for lunch. This soup is is rich, without the dairy and the roasting of the carrots beforehand adds an extra depth of flavor. The ginger gives it just the tiniest bit of bite. And the fried thyme and gray salt on top adds just a tiny element of savory crunch. —coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 lg. bag baby organic carrots
- fresh ginger
- fresh thyme
- sea salt
- gray salt
- organic chicken stock (I like Wolfgang Puck's - or you can make your own)
- high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Mix baby carrots, olive oil (drizzled on), sea salt and fresh thyme (washed, stems removed, just little leaves cut up small) on baking sheet. Roast in 425 degree oven until tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and mince very very small, the ginger (about a 1 1/2 inch long piece of ginger, and about 2 med. cloves garlic) and saute in olive oil until tender.
- When baby carrots are tender, add to a blender with chicken stock to cover and w/ the ginger and garlic. Puree until smooth, adding chicken stock until consistency is slightly liquid-y but still thick.
- Pour into sauce pan and heat until warmed through -- do not boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry 2 (or however many bowls of soup you are serving) sprigs of thyme in leftover olive oil from garlic/ginger sauté-ing.
- Serve soup in bowls, drizzled w/ a little of the high quality olive oil and one thyme sprig each strategically placed in the middle of the bowl. Sprinkle just a few grains of the gray sea salt (it is bigger, so is stronger) on each bowl. (This isn't absolutely necessary, but adds this really interesting salt crunch every now and then.)
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.