If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You know that salad with broccoli and the bacon /mayonaise/sugar dressing, the one that tastes so good but sends you running for the lipitor? Well I made this salad with a mind to create a lighter version (summer IS right around the corner, right?). This didn't come out as I had envisioned exactly, but it IS pretty tasty! —aargersi
- 2 cups broccoli florets with some stem
- 1 cup snow peas - rinsed, "de-stringed" and cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions - chopped
- a handful of cilantro - rinsed and chopped
- 2 slices proscuitto
- Bring a pot of salty water to a rolling boil. Blanch the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, then plunge it in ice water, pat dry, and set aside.
- Crisp the proscuitto in a skillet over medium heat, lay on paper towel to cool and drain.
- Toss the everything but the proscuitto with the dressing, then crumble up and toss in the proscuitto. If you are not going to serve it right away, wait and toss in the proscuitto right before you do.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together, adding salt and pepper to taste. Toss with the salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.