Author Notes: This is so simple, so comforting and so yummy. It was a dish my Mom would make on a harried night...and I was always thrilled. My hubby dislikes anchovies so that is why it is relegated to a home alone meal. And I will be honest, I never make anything else on a home alone night, since I love it so much. There are so few ingredients, make sure what you use is good. - RillaCooksin Heels
- 1 tin anchovies in oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces can of San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper (not too much salt, anchovies have plenty)
- 2 tablespoons capers drained (optional)
- 1 pound good spaghetti or linguine
- lots of good Parmesan cheese
- Knock the whole tin of anchovies into a nonstick pan, with the accompanying oil. Saute on med-high until the anchovies are disintegrated in the oil.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add the can of good tomatoes, and some salt and pepper. You would also add the capers at this point if you so desired. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer.
- Add the chopped parsley, and simmer for 25 mins.
- In the meantime cook the pasta. Drain the pasta, add a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce, and stir to incorporate. Add the drained pasta to the sauce, and toss to coat.
- Serve with a ton of Parmesan cheese. Home alone bliss.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner