If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is so simple, so comforting and so yummy. It was a dish my Mom would make on a harried night...and I was always thrilled. My hubby dislikes anchovies so that is why it is relegated to a home alone meal. And I will be honest, I never make anything else on a home alone night, since I love it so much. There are so few ingredients, make sure what you use is good. - RillaCooksin Heels
- 1 tin anchovies in oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces can of San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper (not too much salt, anchovies have plenty)
- 2 tablespoons capers drained (optional)
- 1 pound good spaghetti or linguine
- lots of good Parmesan cheese
- Knock the whole tin of anchovies into a nonstick pan, with the accompanying oil. Saute on med-high until the anchovies are disintegrated in the oil.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add the can of good tomatoes, and some salt and pepper. You would also add the capers at this point if you so desired. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer.
- Add the chopped parsley, and simmer for 25 mins.
- In the meantime cook the pasta. Drain the pasta, add a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce, and stir to incorporate. Add the drained pasta to the sauce, and toss to coat.
- Serve with a ton of Parmesan cheese. Home alone bliss.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Lettuce love vegetables.
This is poppin'.