Author Notes: This Autoimmune Paleo (all phase compliant) recipe was cooked in an hour in the pressure cooker. You can of course adapt it for the oven by cooking it covered for 3 hours as well. Bacon and cherry are wonderful together with a touch of lemon zest and thyme. Yum! - Autoimmune Paleo Lifestyle
- 3 pounds Short Ribs cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup dark pitted cherries
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 4 ounces bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 cup bone broth or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups peeled and chopped parsnips
- Brown all sides of the short ribs in 1 tbls of olive oil in a skillet. Remove from heat. In your pressure cooker or dutch oven, saute onions, thyme and bacon until onions are translucent; about 10-15 minutes. Add stock, garlic, zest, lemon juice, short ribs, cherries and pinch of salt. Cover and bring to full pressure and cook for 50 minutes.
- Peel the skins off of the parsnips. Cut into 2 inch pieces and steam for 10-15 minutes or until knife tender. Drain and mash with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt to taste.
- To plate, add a scoop of mashed parsnips and one short rib with a scoop of the cherry bacon sauce. Sprinkle with a little salt.