If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Autoimmune Paleo (all phase compliant) recipe was cooked in an hour in the pressure cooker. You can of course adapt it for the oven by cooking it covered for 3 hours as well. Bacon and cherry are wonderful together with a touch of lemon zest and thyme. Yum! —Autoimmune Paleo Lifestyle
- 3 pounds Short Ribs cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups dark pitted cherries
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 4 ounces bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 cup bone broth or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups peeled and chopped parsnips
- Brown all sides of the short ribs in 1 tbls of olive oil in a skillet. Remove from heat. In your pressure cooker or dutch oven, saute onions, thyme and bacon until onions are translucent; about 10-15 minutes. Add stock, garlic, zest, lemon juice, short ribs, cherries and pinch of salt. Cover and bring to full pressure and cook for 50 minutes.
- Peel the skins off of the parsnips. Cut into 2 inch pieces and steam for 10-15 minutes or until knife tender. Drain and mash with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt to taste.
- To plate, add a scoop of mashed parsnips and one short rib with a scoop of the cherry bacon sauce. Sprinkle with a little salt.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.