If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family loves hummus! Thus, beginning a quest for creating something so simple into somewhat of an obsession. I always cook my own garbanzo beans in a pressure cooker, but realize most will use the "buy a can" method and that is ok. My 5 year old nephew asked my mother one day if she had any hummus, this was mid-bite into a piece of chocolate. She asked him what it was and he said, "grandma, you eat it with pita!" I have always modified my recipes for hummus as I eat it a lot and want a constant variety. I also wanted to incorporate additional nutritious ingredients and this is one of my favorite. My nephew loves this one without the jalapeno.
"Simple roasted cauliflower with olive oil, anchovies and white pepper" is blended with chickpeas, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno and kosher salt for a mouth watering, savory snack or accompaniment to any meal. - Senorita Tijerina
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 anchovy filet
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 15 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 of lime
- 1/2 jalapeno (diced, seeds removed)
- kosher salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse one head of cauliflower, pat dry, slice off bottom to create flat surface
- Slice anchovy into smaller pieces
- In a small bowl wisk together anchovy, olive oil, white pepper and a pinch of kosher salt
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and cover thoroughly with oil mixture
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until fork tender and golden brown (if it becomes too dark prior to fork tender, cover lightly with tinfoil, until done)
- Once cool, dice into 1" chunks
- In a food processer, blend cauliflower and all remaining ingredients until smooth
- 9. Season with kosher salt to taste
- Serve with fresh pita and enjoy while it lasts!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies