Author Notes: Originally from Food and Wine, I have adapted it to suit my tastes and using more affordable and flavorful top sirloin steak - loubaby
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon EACH: dry mustard, brown sugar,onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, black pepper
- 10 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a bowl, combine dry mustard, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger and pepper: smash and mix in anchoives;stir in water to form paste. Spread the paste on both sides of the steaks and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill the steaks over moderate-high heat for about 3-5 minutes per side, until doneness desired. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies