If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This original recipe is very simple, vegan, and gluten free! I know cherry tomatoes are not in season, but sometimes you just need a little taste of summer during the winter. Especially when you see little pints of cherry tomatoes in the produce section.
The cherry tomatoes pop in your mouth when roasted, and the pomegranate molasses highlights the bright flavors from their juices. You can absolutely change up some things in the recipe or even add something. I chopped some pine nuts and added it to create a unique crunch.
I created this recipe after eating a pizza with pomegranate molasses drizzle all over with cherry tomatoes halved as the topping. I loved the flavors but wanted to create more depth so here you have my very own quinoa dish!
You can find this recipe on my blog: halfgalley.com - Emily Herr
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, heirloom medley
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chiffoned
- 2 cups water
- 1 dash extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- First, cook the quinoa according to the package. Typically you will rinse off one cup in a mesh strainer, dry, and then place in a pot with a dash of olive oil. Mix it around in the pot. Then, add 2 cups of water. Bring contents to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cover. Let the quinoa cook for 15 minutes before removing from heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes before you fluff it with a fork.
- Slice the roasted cherry tomatoes in half. Slice the shallots in thin pieces.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and shallots in 1 tbsp of olive oil and place on a baking sheet or pan.
- Roast the tomatoes + shallot for 10-12 minutes, right when the juices of the tomatoes begin to pop their skin.
- Put the cooked quinoa on a dish. Place the roasted tomato + shallot mixture on top of the quinoa. Garnish with cilantro. Drizzle the pomegranate molasses over the entire dish. Enjoy!