If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Broccoli is my favorite vegetable and I think it really shines in this pesto. Along with tomatoes, a few red onion rings, and a drizzle of olive oil, I think it is really wonderful. I hope you like it too! - Helenthenanny
Makes about two cups of pesto
- 1 crown of broccoli
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup or so of fresh cilantro, washed and destemmed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ounces Manchego, Aged 9-12 months
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling at the end
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Steam the broccoli crown until it is just about tender. Cut the florets from the stalk and put the florets into your hand blender or food processor. Add the minced garlic, cliantro, pine nuts. Crumble in one ounce of the Manchego. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse until it is pesto. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the broccoli pesto, tomato slices, and garnish with the red onion rings. Drizzle some olive oil on top. I used a microplane to grate the remainder of the Manchego over the broccoli pesto and tomatoes to finish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.