If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hi, Broccoli Pesto here! Again! I just wanted to suggest eating my pesto this way too. Because it is good. I think the Jamon Serrano tastes really wonderful in this dish, but you could probably use any dried Spanish meat. Or no meat at all if you'd like! - Helenthenanny
Makes about 2 cups of pesto
- 1 crown of broccoli
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup or so of fresh cilantro, washed and destemmed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ounces Manchego, Aged 9-12 months
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus some more for drizzling at the end
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- spagetti, or any type of pasta that you prefer
- 4 or 5 thin slices of jamon serrano, chiffonaded
- Steam the broccoli crown until it is just about tender. Cut the florets from the stalk and put the florets into your hand blender or food processor. Add the minced garlic, cliantro, pine nuts. Crumble in one ounce of the Manchego. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse until it is pesto. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil your pasta until it is tender. Drain the water from the noodles and add the pesto and the jamon serrano to the pot and stir until combined. I drizzled in a little more olive oil here, maybe you would like to also? Salt and pepper to taste, garnish with some Manchego, and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish