If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Caesar dressing gets a bad rep, and now I know why.
This is the Caesar dressing that my family grew up making, but that I just hadn't had in a few years. Clouded by ready-made and restaurant Caesars, I completely forgot how light, fresh, and flavorful it can be, and why I stopped ordering them out so many years ago! This is such a nice change from the standard vinaigrette, special enough to entertain with, and is bringing back the Caesar Salad for me in a big way.
Add the garlic-grilled Romaine, and it is simply perfect. (Key word - simple!) —Cassie Burke
Makes 2 cups
- 1 Pasteurized Egg Yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2.5 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 dashes Tobasco Sauce
- 2 Skinless, Boneless, Smoked Anchovie Fillets
- Pulse the above ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- With the food processor on low, add 1.5 cups olive oil until dressing is completely emulsified.
- 1/2 Head of Romaine per Person
- Whole Garlic Cloves
- Cut each head of romaine in half, long ways, as well as a clove of garlic. Rub the cut side of the garlic over the cut side of the romaine lettuce.
- In a grill pan coated with olive oil, and on medium-high heat, place the romaine cut side down. Cook until there are light brown grill marks on the lettuce, approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, then remove from pan and place directly on plate or serving platter showing those beautiful grill marks!
- Drizzle each grilled romaine half with the Caesar dressing to your preferred amount, a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.