If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a variation on a great late-night pasta dish. I used this Midnight Pasta recipe from the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/07/dining/pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper-recipe.html
I wanted it to be a little more substantial, so I started to tweak a few things, mostly in order and organization. The result is a little more like a Spaghetti Carbonara. - Max Kuhl
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped.
- 1.5 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 pinches parsley, roughly chopped
- .5 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 large egg yolks
- .25 cups Parmesan (I prefer Pecorino-Romano)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Salt and boil the pasta water in a large pot.
- While water is boiling, combine the egg yolk, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes, and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil into a large bowl. Mix well and keep in the bowl, next to the stove.
- Once the water is boiled an the pasta goes in, bring a pan with the remaining olive oil up to a low heat. Add the anchovies, and capers and simmer on very low heat until the spaghetti is al dente. If the anchovies and capers fully break down-and seem to be getting overcooked-before the Spaghetti is done, just turn the heat off and let them sit.
- Strain the Spaghetti and immediately toss into the bowl with the egg and cheese. You want to do this as fast as possible, so it's good that the spaghetti is still wet; the water will actually help bind the sauce. Pour the olive oil, capers, and anchovies on top. Stir the spaghetti vigorously until all of it is evenly covered in the sauce.
- Serve with a pinch of parsley. I like to drizzle a little extra olive oil before topping with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.