If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crisp, crunchy, bite sized veggies meet creamy avocado in this chopped salad. Blanching the broccoli creates a vibrant color and a tender texture, while the carrots and red cabbage are chopped fine and are kept raw. The avocado and creaminess of the tahini dressing lend a symphony of flavor and texture to each bite. This salad is loaded with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Be sure to keep all of your veggies chopped small and relatively uniform in size so you get every flavor in each bite. The Broccoli Chopped Salad is versatile enough to be eaten on its own with a piece of hearty, toasty bread or it can be accompanied with any lean protein choice to make it a complete meal. You can toss it with brown rice and chunks of tofu as well. Really, anything goes! - Marla
Serves about 6
- 1 head fresh Broccoli coarsely chopped. Keep a few inches of stem on.
- 1 large Carrot, peeled, diced small
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, diced small
- 1 Avocado, diced small & tossed with a splash of Lemon Juice to prevent browning
- pinches salt
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Seed
- pinches Garlic Powder
- pinches Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced Dried Onion
- handfuls chopped fresh Cilantro (reserve some for garnish)
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add broccoli, reduce heat to medium high and blanch for 2-3 minutes (depending on how much crunch you want.) Immediately drain the broccoli and submerge it in ice water to halt cooking.
- Remove broccoli from ice water and chop into small bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together tahini, soy sauce, mustard seed, garlic powder, black pepper and ginger.
- Toss the veggies (excluding avocado) together with dressing. Add minced dried onion and avocado, toss gently and combine thoroughly.
- This salad is lightly dressed. Feel free to add more Soy & Tahini if you want more flavor. Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish
These Snacks Are Loaded
Happy hour just got homemade.
Happy hour's better homemade.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Barbecue: case closed.