If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled cheese sandwich with salmon cooked with maple syrup and Dijon mustard, crispy bacon and Swiss cheese. —Hidemi
- 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 Salmon Fillet, about 4 oz, bone and skin removed
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijono Mustard
- In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup and Dijon mustard, Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil, place salmon over medium heat and cook both sides until done. Add maple syrup and mustard mixture to the skillet and coat well. Place salmon on a plate and set aside,
- In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel then cut each bacon into half.
- Layer on 1 slice bread, 1 slice Swiss cheese, bacon, salmon and 1 slice Swiss cheese. Top sandwich with the remaining 1 slice bread.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Put the sandwich into the skillet and cook swirling the bread for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Put the sandwich on a plate temporally.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Put the sandwich cook side up, reduce heat to low and cook the other side swirling the bread until golden brown and the cheese are melted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.