Author Notes: Cooking for myself, I tend to make quick meals. Pasta is obviously one of the quickest foods to make and praws are easy and quick to cook. I like to cook the prawns like the Spanish, in olive oil and garlic and mix the pasta to the prawns using their juices. - Babette's Feast
- 6 medium sized prawns, fresh or frozen
- 3 garlic cloves, with pink skin, crushed with back of knife
- 1 chilli
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 ounces fettucine
- Peel and devein the prawns. Wash and dry.
- In a sautée pan, heat the olive oil with the garlic and chilli. When the garlic starts to sizzle add the prawns and fry until golden brown, turn and fry the other side. Remove from the heat and put a lid over the prawns so they keep their humidity and absorb the garlic taste.
- Bring a pot of water and salt to a boil, cook the fettucine al dente.
- Drain, reserving a laddle of cooking water.
- Discard the garlic and chilli from the fried prawns, re-heat and add the fettucine. Add some of the reserved water, bring to a simmer, mix well. Remove from the heat and cover with lid for 1 minute. Adjust the water so the fettucine isn't dry.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner